FRUGAL IDEAS TO ENRICH YOUR LIFE.

Saturday, February 6, 2010

My Valentine's Day "mantel".

I have gathered what I could find through out my house to make my sideboard  look like "LOVE" Day. I don't have a mantel so it will have to work. Here is what I have come up.


I found these cute vintage Valentine cards online and printed and stuck them where I wanted. 

The silver tray I have had forever. It was a lucky find at a thrift store! The pic is of my husband and I lighting our unity candle at our wedding. The heart shaped box was given to us at our wedding.

The gift I received from my husband last year for Valentines Day was the simple silver heart you see below. It was the best Valentine's Day gift I was ever given. He had it laying on the kitchen counter when I woke with a cute note saying how "sorry" he was that this was all he could give me (because we NEVER have money).

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE the silver heart! (And all the rest of it too.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I "love" your love sideboard! (hehe - I'm so corny that I crack myself up!) Seriously tho - it's adorable! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess! I haven't been able to get on the internet because Matt was hogging the computer all day! Wahooooo! You started a blog!!!! I didn't even realize it was you until the end of the post. When I opened it I thought, "This is such a cute mantel mantle sideboard." Then I saw it was you and it made it all the better :). Thanks so much for linking up and than you even more for starting a blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh shucks guys! Thanks for the good comments! This is so much fun to join the party and I don't even have to leave my house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jess i love your ideas, you were always good at making something out of nothing! You can take things an make it look so nice.

    ReplyDelete