FRUGAL IDEAS TO ENRICH YOUR LIFE.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

How to organize your coupons.

The only way you can use your coupons is if you can find them and you have them with you while you are shopping. To do this I keep all my coupons I will use while out shopping in a makeup bag. I think it was from Avon a few year ago! Anyways, the bag is about a 12 in wide and about 6 in tall with two handles and a zipper on top. Makes it perfect to keep all my coupons in and it fits nicely into my pocketbook when I go shopping. Inside the bag I have all the coupons organized by aisles of the store. Like bathroom products, paper products, frozen food, dairy, etc. I also have sections for certain stores like CVS, Giant and Target.

Some use envelopes. One envelope for each of the categories of product.

Some use the accordion style file folders. Either the larger or the smaller style which ever you prefer.

Others have started using a binder system. They purchase the plastic sleeves that are used for baseball cards to put in their binder. then they divide their coupons up in the pockets and use page divers for each categories.

Find the method that will work for you. Just remember to put the coupons in something that you can take with you every time you go shopping. I always pull out the coupons that I am going to use for my shopping trip and put them with my lists for each store that I am going to visit. I always find products while out shopping  that were not listed in the sale flyers and am so happy to have my other coupons with me.

Check the aisles high and low and look for discontinued and deep discounted items to use your coupons on. This is a great way to get items for FREE or almost free. At the grocery store look at the damaged rack of items. A dented can of vegetable will taste the same but it is usually 50% or more off the regular price. You can also use coupons on these items too. Find the bargains!

3 comments:

  1. Not sure if this would be big enough for the slew of coupons you carry, but I love my what one of my readers made for me. She sells them and calls them "purse planners". They're awesome and help keep me organized. http://www.etsy.com/shop/pixiedustparties

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have I told you yet that I LOVE that you've started this blog! It was SO MUCH FUN when you and I compared how much our meals cost last year - remember? You usually have me beat - but that time I won. (hehe) It really helped that my aunt had given me all those veggies from her garden.

    I can't WAIT to start a garden this year. Yours was HUGE (not in space, but in RESULTS). Maybe after you're done explaining to the world how to shop frugalicisly - you could do some posts on gardening and canning the stuff! I LOVE your jams/preserves/butters!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was looking at some REALLY cute "purse planners" type things online too. I just can't justify paying for something like that right now when my make-up bag is working fine. Hopefully, when the money is better I can purchase one from your reader Beth.
    Oh, Julia I have so much stuff to put on this blog I just can't get posted fast enough!! I do plan on posting info about gardening, cooking, baking, canning, cleaning and many many other things!!

    ReplyDelete